IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Golf in Virginia Beach

I just visited the website for the reunion and the picture for the golf event caught my eye. Is that John Ellis teeing off for a practice round at Oceana? I think the two mountains in the foreground give it away. That\'s Mt. Trashmore on the left and Mae West on the right. They are the highest peaks in the well known Coastal Virginia mountain range. I\'m currently visiting relatives in St. Johns, Newfoundland, so won\\\'t be able to confirm this sighting until next month.

O.B. Corning

Re: Golf in Virginia Beach

O.B.,

Notice the high club position coupled with an arched back and perfect posture?????

Well..........., I couldn't do that when I was 20 so I sure as *%&^%& can't do it now.

But, our team of myself, Pat, and Steve Conn will probably fend off all comers at this years Gala Golf Tourney, much like we did 5 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're still looking for a fourth if you want to join the winning team.

J

John,

I've been recruited by a secret foursome with the sole purpose of bringing the trophy back to Virginia Beach. All I can tell you is we're bringing in a ringer from Illinois, Chuck Harding. Chuck is well known for once hitting a two fairways and one green during a round in 1981. Word on the street is we're the favorites. May I suggest Dan Solberg to round out your group. I once saw him swing, miss and fall down on the first tee at Little Creek on New Years day. If I can find my way home through the fog in Newfoundland, I'll see you at Oceana.

O.B.

John,
If you are still looking for a fourth, I'd be happy to join you.
Thanks,
Bob Ainsworth

Nothing like a little pressure on an old man OB.
Although I have gotten better with age.
chuck

You know Chuck we ALL say that!!
CEC

Visits: