IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Technical Information for Active Duty IUSS Analysts, and for Former System Analysts Still Intere

I believe you misconstrued what I was trying to say. As an OWO and OPSO I never had the formal training that an OTA had. Given that, I find Bruce Rule's writings to be a great way to learn things I never had the opportunity to do previously.
I would never disparage OTs as I found working with them to be the most rewarding time in my navy career. If it appears that I have done so I apologize to all concerned.

Response to Responses to Posting onTechnical Information

I have never found it safe to make assumptions about who would respond and how they would respond to such subjects as were discussed by my posting on Technical Information.

Most recently i provided information on an analytical technique by which I was able to make measurements between one hundred and one thousand times more accurate than were routinely being made by others to whom the technique had been demonstrated.

Application of the technique not only permitted the recovering of significant new information but refuted long established positions.

The last step in this measurement approach involved the use of A-scans.

When an outside activity conducted a survey to determine what features a new processing/display system should have based on the utility of those features, essentially all the analysts dismissed the value of A-scans. It was disheartening to say the least.

Visits: