IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ACTION: Annual Call for Cable Newsletter Articles - Due 15 Oct 2014

Greetings, all. It's time again to publish another edition of "The Cable", the official newsletter of the IUSS CAESAR Alumni Association. The last issue was published in November of 2013.

As usual, we are hoping to publish this year's newsletter before Thanksgiving. Will collect inputs during October; collate the newsletter in the first half of November; and plan to publish in late November.

Please consider submitting an article for publication. It doesn't need to be a masterpiece or 10-page journal article - just looking for short stories of interest to our membership.

Authors of articles published in "The Cable" will receive a limited edition, 4-inch, embroidered, IUSSCAA patch.

Questions, comments and articles can be forwarded directly to me at Jim_Donovan53@yahoo.com

Thanks and best regards,

Jim Donovan
CAPT USN(Ret)
Director, IUSSCAA

UPDATE: ACTION: Annual Call for Cable Newsletter Articles - Due 15 Oct 2014

Reminder to send in articles if we want to publish a 2014 edition of the Cable newsletter. I have one article from a non IUSS member regarding P3 operations - that's it! Please consider submitting something.

Additionally, someone did suggest that I ask for folks to submit a short paragraph stating what they are doing these days. We could string them all together and form one longer article of interest.

Deadline remains 15 October 2014.

Best regards, Jim

Re: UPDATE: ACTION: Annual Call for Cable Newsletter Articles - Due 15 Oct 2014

Hi Skipper,
I have the pictures I took labeled (mostly) and copied to a thumb drive. Where should I send it?
Thanks,
Bob Ainsworth

Thanks, Bob. Please send me an email. - Jim

Jim -

Any more articles for the newsletter? Also, curious as to inputs on member's "what are you doing these days".

Personally, I would love to know what is going on with those we served with, as well as many whome we did not -but may have heard so much about them that we felt we knew them, anyway.

Hope we get lots of articles for the newsletter - so enjoy reading it.

Irv

Irv, Very little input for the newsletter - only 3 articles and 3 short paragraphs I call "Quips". We close it out soon. Here's what we have so far:

3 Quips - short stories; one or two paragraphs max from R. Oberlander, M. Brittingham and J. Heizer

3 Articles
#1 – OTCM Irv DeMatties, USN (Ret) (Irv Dematties)
#2 – NOPF **** Neck Navy Birthday Speech 2014 (Chuck Gagnon)
#3 – Tour of duty at COMOCEANSYSLANT (Dick Rentner)

1 Post copied from these message boards
#1 – Notes from IUSS 60th Anniversary (John Ellis and George Widenor)

You were the only one to respond to my request for "What are you doing these days?" updates. I am turning your two inputs (career in Navy and Life after Navy) into Article #1.

- Jim

Visits: