Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Photo Library - IUSS 60th Reunion

Hello everybody,

In anticipation of everyone at the upcoming reunion taking lots of great pictures, I have created a new section in the photo library for the IUSS 60th Reunion.

In the past, there has been some confusion as to uploading photos to our library. In an attempt to make it a little easier I am going to list step by step instructions, but first one caveat: The photo library is a Bravenet application. That means that we do not have direct access to it. It is hosted by Bravenet and we rent the service from them. The process to get photos up on to the site is Bravenet's process and I cannot change it.

Instructions for uploading photos to the IUSSCAA photo library:

Go to the IUSSCAA website http://www.iusscaa.org, hit the welcome button and you will be at the main menu.

On the main menu select the Photo Library.

After you select that you should end up at a bravenet page (that is where the photo library is hosted). That page may take a few seconds to actually appear. They recently added some kind of load routine that slows the load quite a bit. If you do not see it in 10 seconds then hit refresh. If it still does not come up, let me know so I can come up with an alternative.

Once the page loads, at the bottom of the list of links, on the left hand side you will see a link labeled as “Public Uploader”, click that link.

A form will open. You enter your email address and then click the select files button. You will be able to select 1 or multiple files to upload. Please note that each individual file must be less than 1MB in size.

After you select the files you should be back at the form and you should see each of the photos you selected. Alongside will be a text box where you can enter a title for each picture. Please include some descriptive text in the title so that I have an idea of what library the picture should go into. So, for the Reunion if you put something like IUSS 60 in the title I will be able to easily identify the photo as belonging in the IUSS 60th Reunion library. If the image is of a particular NavFac then please include the location in the title (BDA, KEF, GUAM, etc)

Once you have all that done. There will be a button in the bottom left of the form that will say “Finish Uploading”. Hit that.

The files should upload and you should see a message saying it uploaded them.

When you upload, the system should send me an email stating that something has been uploaded. The email does not always make it to me so if you want to make sure that your pictures are handled in an expedient manner then please send me an email at web_master@iusscaa.org so I will know that there are some new uploads to be handled.

Re: Photo Library - IUSS 60th Reunion

The events were a great success. Thanks to the 8 members of the IUSS 60th Anniversary committee for all of their hard work and dedication. I have started to post pics in the photo album (a few a day). Hopefully others will start to do likewise. Please try to identify who is in the pictures. None of us look like those 19-20 year old kids we once were! - Jim

Visits: