IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The 60th Reunion Gala, Best One Ever!!!!

John,
You still have it! - Your ability to articulate verbally and in writing continues to amaze and impress me (and I am sure many more of us feel the same way). Your summation of the whole week-end cannot be improved on. As I have always said, the “System” – “is not the equipment, it is the people”. “People like you”.

Your friend forever,
Ed (or Smokie as you have always called me).

John:
What a beautiful job summarizing the weekend. I looked forward to attending the 60th for several months, and I was not disappointed. From the moment I spotted Ed Smock at the airport Thursday evening until the Monday morning cab ride back to the airport, I characterize the entire weekend as FANTASTIC!! The only thing I can add to your summary is the fine tour of the operations spaces on Sunday afternoon. My thanks to those active duty personnel who very graciously opened their "house", and gave generously of their time.

This was the best weekend I have had in many, many years. The people, the pride, the memories, the stories (most true), the life-long friendships, a special BZ to those putting this all together!
George

Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen. I was trying to come up with a way to close out the event and thank the handful of IUSS 60th Committee members who did all of our heavy lifting. And then I see these words from the three Master Chief's I admire most.

Maybe the way for me to do that is to share with them all of the kind words we have received regarding the IUSS 60th weekend celebration events.

My best regards, Jim Donovan

Visits: