Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ready for an oral board

Randy-
Interesting account of watchstanding "flashbacks" and retired life. I just read the book "UNBROKEN" and went to see the movie, as well. Those guys, as POW's in Japan during WWII, had much different "flashbacks" from their active duty days. But, as you said, the subconscious mind can bring about some amazing vividness, without us really knowing why.

These days, having been retired for 33 years, and with a midly shaky right hand (maybe from too many days wielding a VENUS #2 red pencil??), I am having a pretty good day when I can figure out a 1:2 ratio - 1: how to
get a spoonful of oatmeal from the bowl to my mouth without dribbling it all over the table; and 2: how to drink my coffee from an open cup instead of one of those covered styrofoam cups, without the same results.

The only "oral boards" I get these days are from my grandkids and great-grandkids. They usually come in the form of facebook notifications or some new game on their ipad or cell phone. I am absolutely convinced that some day, kids will not even know what a CD or DVD is - because they will most likely have some implant in their ear or head that download every conceivable distraction known to man; except, perhaps the art of engaging in a conversation with someone.

Cheers,

Irv

Dee,
I do not like the sounds of the aliments you are describing in your post, along with the post the other day where you said, you were not feeling good and was going to bed early!! What does your Dr. tell you? Email me if you like. Waiting to hear from you!!
Chuck

yeah how about how to use a slide rule

Visits: