Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Elimination of CPO initiation

I'm just glad I'm not on AD these days. I'm absolutely sure that I would never have made it past my first 4 year enlistment much lest retire as a LDO LT at 26 years.

Rick

Roger that Rick, by the way you have had a great career.
Chuck

Tony -

I, like Chuck, was honored to have been initiated by my fellow Chief Petty Officers on Adak in Oct of 19701(I was E-5 for nearly 6 years), so I was interested in seeing what the article had to say. Unfortunately, when I clicked on the linked website, I could not view the article. I tried using both my normal browser (Windows Explorer?)and Google Chrome, but neither one allowed access to the website. Any known reason? Maybe it is something the webmaster (Russ Lownie) might be able to provide some insight to.

Irv

Here is anther link

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/lower-9th-ward-conservative/2013/jan/15/us-navy-chief-petty-officer-initiation-ill-advised/

Rachel -

Thanks for reading my post and offering up the other website, which I have been able to access. As I am not feeling all that well just now, I am planing on "turning in" early, so I just skimmed the article.

I intend to read it more carefully tommorrow, and will most likely print a copy for future reference.

Thanks again,

Irv (Dee) DeMatties

Visits: