Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: John Emory ("Big Bird") update

Thanks Irv for finding them - Cards and well wishes in the mail... Ed Smock

Ed and others -

The credit for raising the issue concerning John Emory squarely belongs to Jack Spencer. I was not aware that John's membeship status had expired until Jack posted that information and brought it to my attention. All I did was chime in and do a little legwork.

Glad to hear that John will be receiving some renewed support from the IUSS community.

BZ to you Jack. Enjoy your retirement - and good luck with your move to MO. Next time I plan to be in that neck of the woodd (probably to visit Fred Schwanz and Walt Jackson) - I will be sure to give you a jingle and maybe we will meet in person!

Irv

sounds good Irv! It was great talking with you and going over some old memories.....thanks for your leg work on this and the update....as you now know, john and I met later but we had some great times together....including him being best man at my wedding....(well, one of them at least....)hope to see you in MO some day....
jack

im here Irv....if your ever in the area drop in...phone 703-728-4459....take care...
jack
OTAC ret

Re: "Big Bird"

I wanted to provide an update regarding the discussion about John "Big Bid" Emory's membership. Thanks to Jack Spencer for alerting us and to Irv Dimities for locating John and getting updated contact information, we extended John's membership for life at no additional cost. We also forwarded a paper copy of the last Cable newsletter and Member Directory.

- Jim

BZ to the IUSS community for looking out for our own. Well done.

Actions such as these are just more examples of that special quality that permeates the IUSS Community. Well done Jack, Dee, and Jim.

J

Visits: