IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off Topic.....Hale Koa on Waikiki Beach

I expect most of you know this, but if you're active duty or retired, you can book rooms at this 4 star hotel.... You can also book up to 3 rooms (must all be in the military members name) so you could potentially take the extended family along.

Rates are based on paygrade, and for retirees you can book up to 6 months in advance. Fantastic place, with all the bells and whistles you'd expect from a top flight hotel.

If you've never been to Hawaii, or want to go back for a visit, check out their website. You'll be surprised how affordable it can be.

Re: Off Topic.....Hale Koa on Waikiki Beach

Greg:

When you note that rates at that four-star hotel in Hawaii are based on pay-grade, I assume the higher the pay-grade, the lower the discount based on the assumption that those at the higher grades don't need as much of a discount

When I was at the Fleet Sonar School in Key West, there was an SA on staff who had 18 years of service. He refused to take any advancement tests and fully intended to retire as an SA. which might have entitled him to payment to stay at the hotel in Hawaii.

If that SA had 18 years in 1960, he must have been born about 1924 which wold make him 91 but - like so many whom we knew so many years ago - are likely no longer above the "grass line."

Bruce

Bob,

Yes, it is based on retirement rank, and you need an ID card to show you're eligible. There is also a listing of other folks who can use the facility, The website has a really easy to use listing of who can and who can't....There are even some NATO personnel that could qualify.

Worth the look if you ever think you might go to Oahu for a holiday.

If hotels are not your favorite way to travel, the beach houses at Bellows and NAS Barbers Point are also available to retirees. Have used both Hale Koa and Barbers and find both are great values. A former Marine tells me that the same is true of Bellows.

I stayed in Utah Hall in 2002 while I was in Oahu to pin Dolphins on my son. Cost $20 per night for a very nice room on 17th floor.

Visits: