Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Worth Reading

I can on ly assume the Frenchman is worried about being targeted by ISIS.....Glad to see that the Americans are being awarded a French Medal for what they did. I wonder if the airman will be able to wear it on his uniform. Can't remember the rules of foreign awards, but seem to recall you can't. Still will look good on hid brag sheet!

Reply to Greg Dyer

The same thought occurred to me: the French citizen felt he would be unsafe in his own country; sad indeed.

Re: Reply to Greg Dyer

You know one must wonder why ALL countries are not actively (directly) involved helping to wipe out ISIS. It is like the bullies in school who was always stopped by this one person, either through violence or diplomacy. Now that person has moved on. So NO ONE person is left to deal with future bullies. NOW all the other people MUST band together to conquer the Bully.
Simple but you get the point.
CEC

I believe that there is a good chance that ISIS will target these people. I hope not but they may recognize this as needing to be dealt with and need to correct "losing face" by murdering these brave men. I pray they don't!!

Contrary to what some prominent people think, Americans are exceptional. Running TO the problem and not away from it is one of our engrained traits. This episode and that of 9/11 are only 2 examples. The French can be complicated and I believe they are in awe of our military personnel but don't like to admit it. I've read several interesting stories concerning "joint" efforts in the Middle East, which largely involved Marines or Seals dropping in to swiftly take care of a "stalemate" between friendly forces and bad guys. I'll take a fellow American next to me in a dilemma anyday, thank you.

Well said Randy!!!

Visits: