IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEWSLETTER ARTICLE IDEA

The recent call for Newsletter Articles started me thinking about what I might write about. It is always a challenge coming up an idea that would be of interest to our membership. I decided to write an article about the "Liberty" side of our story. And that set me to thinking. Liberty meant different things to married and unmarried OT's. For example, "liberty" for unmarried personnel in Argentia (mid-60's) included "Johns Runs", and 80's at Northeast Arms. On Eleuthera in 1964 there was "BJ's Beach Shack. Bermuda would have been very different for married and unmarried folks.

I've decided to feature liberty at Pacific Beach in the early 60's. I would love to see "liberty" at every NAV FAC represented in this next edition, and like Capt Jim says - it doesn't have to be a masterpiece. But, what a treasure it could be. So, I'm signing up for Pacific Beach from an "unmarried" viewpoint. Who will join me in putting this "mosaic" together?

Re: NEWSLETTER ARTICLE IDEA

George,

as per note - I'm going to write a bit about "liberty" at Keflavik in 1968. thanks for the nudge.

Jack

To add my 2 cents worth, I can write about my "liberty" at Pt. Sur and Adak in the 1970s (which were probably a little different than those of most personnel). Guess I better get started writing.

George -

Brilliant idea!!

Count me in for one on SNI (New Years - 1962).

Are we to email you with the article - or submit to Jim Donovan?

Dee

Dee:
All articles go to Jim - I just had the idea that some out there would like to share their "liberty" experiences.

Visits: