IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Job Posting for CUS Chief of Staff postion (Closes 28 September)

Sounds like a new job for Jim. to fill in those boring hours in the day....Course, it'd mean a paycut!

Re: New Job Posting for CUS Chief of Staff postion (Closes 28 September): Reply to Greg

In the mid-1960s, government pay was frozen at the $16,000 level; no one could make more than that. As the freeze went on, and there were pay increases - but not to exceed $16,000, that freeze bit lower and lower into the GS pay scale and eventually hit top-end GS-15s.

However, that pay limitation did not apply to retirees so that very high pay grade civil service personnel who had retired with close to 40 years service were actually receiving more money than those who - with similar longevity - had not retired.

Re: New Job Posting for CUS Chief of Staff postion (Closes 28 September): Reply to Greg

Same was true for military retirees, at 06 level retired made more than active duty 06.

No way, Greg. I'm having WAY too much fun in retirement being a Tour Guide on Battleship WISCONSIN (BB-64); Wish Coordinator for Make-A-Wish Foundation; Mentor at local Title 1 Elementary School; and of course, the gym; always the gym. No time for a "real" job.

Dang, I didn't see this in time. I'm wondering if they would have hired a 64 yo, with the hours of 1000-1400, Monday through Wednesday? :)

Visits: