Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: OT community

Phil Blauvelt was at his doctor's office a few years ago and noticed a guy wearing a Navy ball cap. Well as we all know Phil will talk to anyone. So in his conversation he found out this guy was an OT and then Phil identified himself as an OT Senior Chief. The guy asked Phil if he happened to know Warrant Officer Snyder as he was his retirement officer in Dam Neck.

Phil said he knew me. The guy asked Phil if he knew were I retired to. Phil said as a matter of fact I do, he lives about 100 yards behind my house and I see him almost everyday. This guy was Gary Pickett and lives about 5 miles from me. Again small world.

Re: OT community

Nick, Glad you got to meet Mike Roman. I was stationed with him in ****eck and Kef. Great guy. I left the IUSS system as an OTA1 in 97 when I was commissioned as a Navy Nurse. I attended OIS in Rhode Island. While there I experienced one of those 6th degree of separation encounters. I was in a bar with some of my shipmates when these 2 enlisted guys came over asking about my IUSS pin. We had to be in uniform at the time. During our discussion they said they had worked with an awesome line officer with the IUSS pin. The most awesome female I know that went ECP and was currently a line officer is Carol McKenzie. Once the connection was made they were very excited to meet someone who knew Carol. Needless to say they bought the next round. Two of the officers I was with were new to the military and voiced their pleasure at joining such a tight knit community as the military.

Visits: