Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Veterans Day

Happy Veterans Day to all of our IUSS shipmates. Kathy and I just came back from the "free" lunch at Applebee's. It was fantastic. To be sure, we tipped the waitress generously as we all should. This afternoon the Norfolk Chrysler Museum is giving free glass blowing classes to Vets. We're making glass Christmas Ornaments. It's great to be an American Veteran but I still miss those active duty days immensely. - Jim

Yesterday the 10th, myself, Terry Clower, George Walter ( PW ) and Johnny Seay along with two other members of the American Legion here in St. John's attended a Veterans Day/Remembrance Day ceremony at Laval High School in Placentia. We attend every year and enjoy seeing the young of the area. We also attended a program at St. Anne's in Dunville given by the students there ( K - 6 ). It is always enjoyable getting back in the area and renewing old acquaintances. The people have not forgotten Argentia. Frog

P.S. Both ceremonies were well done and very moving

Chuck -

I was shocked to learn that you have a FIVE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER! Was this a renewed "romance" with Linda ? If so, I could use whatever confidential advice you might be willing to share.

Great having grandkids.

Best to all my fellow vet.

Dee

Visits: