IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OTCM Richard Stow

I learned of the passing of Dick in a note Donna included in our Christmas card. She said that Dick passed away on December 2nd, although he had not been ill. Dick and Donna have been in Yuma, Arizona for many years, and spent a lot of time traveling the country in their RV since they retired. Donna said that they had recently celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary.

Those of you who knew Dick, or served with him, will quickly realize that we have lost one of the "giants" of our community.

Re: OTCM Richard Stow

I have fond memories of our time together in New London the winter of 1960-1961.
He told me what he could about getting orders to Grand Turk. We became good friends and though never having been at any NavFac together did run into each other throughout the years----A really dedicated individual. Being married for 70 years is definitely an accomplishment. I will always remember his mustache.
He will be missed.

Nick,
Yes I also always was impressed with his "handle bar".
Chuck.

Dick was a little older than most of us, he would have been about 91 this year (he had broken service). He relieved me as COSL MCPOC in Sept 1975 when I retired from the Navy.

When he retired he said he and Donnah were going west. They ended up in the desert of Arizona, built a wall to keep the rattlesnakes out and settled in. He told me that they lived at one time close to the “London Bridge” area. They were both very special people. My thoughts and prayers are with Donnah and her family at this very difficult time. – Ed Smock

As a STGSN at Arg. I remember Dick very well. He always impressed me with his low key approach, much different than most in those years. Very sad to hear.
Chuck

George, I never had the opportunity to be stationed with Master Chief Stow. I knew him by reputation only, and his skill as a leader was known by all. Our condolences to the family during this sad time.

Big loss!! I first met the Master Chief in Newfoundland. While I was too Junior for him to know me, I certainly knew him. His quiet, commanding presence was a powerful leadership trait/tool.

I first met Donna when she worked at the RBC on base Argentia. Extremely nice lady.

I last saw the both of them when they stopped by Cheatham Annex during one of the annual camping trips a few years back. They both seemed to be living the good life, traveling and just enjoying each other.

Pat and I send our sincere condolences to Donna and the Stow family during these trying times.

John and Pat Ellis

Visits: