IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Use of the IUSS

I was think late one night a week ago about the use of the IUSS over the tracking of subs and remembered a report i read 10 years ago wirtten by Joe George when he was at wood hole, I would like to link up again, anyway it is a good read- The seasonal distribution of callng blue whales (Balaenoptera musculus), fin whales (B. physalus), and singing humpback whales
(Megaptera novaeangliae) has been analyzed from acoustic data recorded by U.S. Navy Sound Surveilance System (SOSUS) and
other hydrophone arrays in the North Pacific. The data from ten arrays were selected as representative of four Regions along the
continental margins, labeled Northwest (NW, Northcentral (NC), Northeast (NE), and Southeast (SE). The call data indicate that
there is a substantial population of blue whales scattered over the North Pacific and concentrated during the Fall season in the NW
and NC Regions.

Re: Use of the IUSS

Dewey, Long time shipmate! I am in contact with Joe George. Let me know if you'd like information. Joe's still living in Oak Harbor, Washington where he works for a Fish and Wildlife organization. Ironically, he's still counting fish! Right now he's very busy conducting Salmon Spawner Surveys. From Becky George "He spends a lot of time walking streams and counting salmon." (<:
- Jim

Jim

That would be great, our Christmas card came back this year and Marla want to get in touch, I am planning to take her on some road trip this summer. I senf you a updated email. Dewey

Dewey White, how are you?? Good to see you post on here now and then.

Randy

Visits: