Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need your assistance. Unidentified photos

Thanks. I am going to wait and see if any one can confirm that as Midway before I move it.

Picture #7 absolutely Midway. I was there 78/79.

Midway was my first thought also.

Pictures 1 and 2 were taken around 1989-1990 in Hawaii during one of the Paintball Challenges at NOPF Ford Island. The guy wearing the flight suit in Pictures 1 and 2 was the NOPF Ford Island XO. While working at PMS 485 in early 2000's I saw copies of pictures 8-16 and 18 in installation history book for Navfac Kef.

Thank you.

I have labeled them and moved them.

Russ, The black and white pics (#11 - 18) are all of NAVFAC Keflavik's construction. 1965 is the date on the back of the official photos. Yes, that's a cable ship off shore. However, there is no confirmation on any of the names of individuals pictured in those photos. The Rear Admiral is a staff officer and not an operational Line officer. Note the white flag with blue stars. Seabee inspecting final construction?

Not sure but I believe photo #6 was taken at NAVFAC Bermuda (note construction/color and texture of building). The young man to the left looks like Johnny Ellis.

- Jim

Nice compliment Jim but its not me. In those days, I would have had a cigarette in one hand and depending on the time of day, a cup or coffee or a beer in the other.

I'm afraid I can't be of any help on any of the pics.

J

I have a note from Nick that #6 is:

"John Ziegler (L) and Larry Lamping (R) NavFac Bermuda early 70's"

Thanks Jim.

I have moved 8-18 (with the exception of 17) to the Kef folder

Photo number 7 is NavFac Midway. Buildings left of Terminal building and Administration building, were not there in 1972 when I was there.

Thank you for confirming that.

It has been labeled and moved.

#3, 4, 5 and 17 remain unidentified. All the rest have been labeled and moved.

Thanks for the help.

Unidentified Number 3

Unidentified Number 4

Unidentified Number 5

Unidentified Number 17

Russ, #17 also goes in the Keflavik album. The original is in the folder of paper copies along with the others.

I seem to remember seeing #4 before in a group of other pics. Maybe George Widenor would know. - Jim

Ok, any idea who is in the pic?

I did not include it originally because it is not from the same time. It has been moved to the Kef album and labeled as sometime and someone at NAVFAC Keflavik.

Thanks

Photo #3 looks like Dave Maupin in the center

Sorry - can't help at all with these.

Thanks for checking George.

Sorry I did not get back sooner but my basement where I got my records has been torn up due to da boss renovating everything. Anyway. Finally found the booklet put out for the 50th reunion with pictures of all the NAVFACs and number 7 is indeed Midway. As stated earlier, never at the Navfac but spent my year at the AUW compound which also was on a small strip of land between runway and ocean. Frog

Visits: