Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Bear Stirs From Hibernation

The memories of mid watch pranks. Those were the days! The stories we have told and continue to tell today. We were a very close family. It was by far the best part of my life.

Re: The Bear Stirs From Hibernation

John,
One of the best pranks that I ever witnessed was at ARG in 1966-70. Leroy Roark {RIP} wanted to bust burn one of the duty ET's I think his name was Kline? Leroy found he could get in the bottom cabinet of any of the consoles. He called for a duty ET, removed the paper rolls and climbed in one of the console cabinets and started tapping with a screw driver. His assistant {can not recall who that was} took the ET to the bad console. When the ET turned the console off the noise stopped. Turn it on and the tapping started again. On/Off, on/off same results. Off to the ET lab went the ET to get a cart so he could replace the console with a working one and trouble shoot the old one. He started to pull the bolts and Leroy popped out of the inside of the console laughing only the way he could laugh, and everyone that gathered around was in hysterics also {except for the Duty ET}. He dropped a bunch of expletives and stormed back to the ET lab.
Chuck

Visits: