IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Passing of a Sailor

Just right, Randy.

Thanks Randy for sharing that very nice tribute to your dad. He was a "Sailor" for sure. I know you will miss him. Know that we are with you during this very difficult time. Ed Smock

Thinking of you and the Scott family. Your dad certainly must have been proud of his son's service to this nation. He is free of all the pains that 89 yrs brings with them, and will be waiting for a grand reunion with you and the family one day. Keep the good memories close and stay strong old friend.

So sorry to hear of your dad's passing Randy. Your tribute to him shows that you were as proud of his accomplishments as he was of yours. Hold onto the memories and you will always keep him alive. Know that Deb and I send our thoughts of comfort and prayers to you, Chris and your entire family.

Agree with John, a great tribute may he RIP.
Chuck

Randy,
My sincerest condolences on the loss of your dad. I like to sit with my dad and let him reminisce about his days in the Army. He has some colorful tails to tell about his service time and the things he did and people he served with. Whenever he speaks of those times, he does so with a twinkle in his eyes. I am certain you dad had those kind of remembrances as well. It is important that we listen to our elders, not just with our ears but with our hearts as well because they still have so much to teach us. I am sure he was justifiable proud of his service and of his son. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Warmest Regards,
Bob Ainsworth OTMCS(ret.)

Our condolences go out to you as well Randy - your dad was part of a very special generation that guaranteed our freedom. Both of our dads served in the Pacific in the 43-45 time frame. My dad used to share his memories of the kamikazes overflying his ship (Mona Island ARG9) on their glide path to the combatant ships. Dad was a gunner (40mm) and spent many harrowing hours trying to end their death wish early. Your dad went on to make the Navy a career, and you must be very proud. I think I know why you stood a little taller than most when we served together. Just a "chip". Your dad and mine are serving together again. Prayers go out to you.

May he rest in peace having brought honor on his family and his country. EKD

Thank you so much for the warm comments, guys. It makes a big difference, in ways that are obvious but some that are not. Best wishes to all and thanks again.

Randy

Thanks, Randy. My condolences to you and your family at the passing of your Dad. Your tribute here is just one of the many reasons I am honored and humbled to be a member of a group of men and women who find comraderies, friendship and solace in sticking together after so many years. In many ways I think we are more than just a "System". We're family. Your note touched me deeply.

- Jim

What a wonderful tribute from a Son to his Dad. He was obviously a special person and that trait was obviously passed on to his Son.

Losing a loved one is the circle of life. But...., when we lose someone special, that adage doesn't make it any easier.

Randy, you had a hell of a career and I'm betting your dad was just as proud of you as you are of him.

Our sincere condolences on you Family loss. May your Dad rest in peace.

John and Pat ellis

Randy -

Our sincere condolences to you and your family over the loss of your Dad who, undoubtedly, instilled in you pride toward service to our great nation. Unlike your family's military history, my Dad was first generation (born here) of Italian immigrants - but he took great pride, also, in twice serving in the Navy: 1928-1930, then with a wife and four children, he volunteered again during WWII (1944-45). As children of the "Greatest Generation", we indeed have been blessed with parents who passed on tremendous traits of patriotism and brought out the very best in us.

Irv (Dee) and Linda DeMatties

I just wanted to follow up and thank you all again. My dad's funeral will be in Arizona on March 10th, with military honors. Bless you all!

Visits: