IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Form 1095-B Health Coverage

Right, I'm totally confused on this, hope some of the folks on here who reside outside the US can help me with information. As I'm reading the info on this form, I HAVE to have health coverage or I will be fined, unless I have an exemption. but nowhere on the form can I find any information on how to get an exemption.

I am a permanent resident in the United Kingdom and have health coverage with the NHS, so do not need Medicare or any "supplemental health coverage". But How do I go about letting the people in charge of this know that so I won't get fined on my tax return?

Anybody else run into this and know the way to go? I would appreciate any advice you can give, especially if it keeps me from having to make an expensive call to the States.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help you can provide.

Re: Form 1095-B Health Coverage

Greg: See https://www.healthcare.gov/quick-guide/eligibility/ which states

"U.S. citizens living outside the U.S.

U.S. citizens living in a foreign country for at least 330 days of a 12-month period are not required to get health insurance coverage for that 12-month period. If you're uninsured and living abroad under this definition, you qualify for a health insurance exemption. This means you don’t have to pay the fee that other uninsured people must pay."

It also links to an IRS webpage for further clarification.

As Webmaster Russ would say, hope this helps.

Re: Form 1095-B Health Coverage

Thanks a million Jack...sounds like what I need.....Retirement check isn't big enough to pay Obama a fine as well....

Cheers,

Greg

Visits: