Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Loss of another great shipmate

Nick and All,
The more I read the more I remember or try to forget. Many from my last tour in Bermuda 83-86, may recall the first Organized CPO Dress Blue Liberty. As the evening war on I recall Jack mucking it up with a bunch of older tourists at maybe Henry the VIII,s?? I was so afraid he was going to show them the "Elephant,s Eyes", then lead them astray. We did leave there with everyone aboard the bus, thank God.
Chuck

I did not have the pleasure of knowing Jack Fessler personally. I certainly knew of his reputation and from the stories I've read on this site, he obviously lived up to that reputation. I'm guessing that he would have deserved the coveted Widenor moniker of being "a pretty good OT".

So Pat and I would like to add our sincere condolences to the Fessler family in the loss of their loved one and ask that they take comfort in knowing, from the above posts, that "Master Jack" was also loved far and wide.

John and Pat Ellis

I didn't know Jack. Our paths never crossed. But from the posts in this string, and the people who have so eloquently authored them, it is clear that Jack was integral to our past success, and our legacy as well. It never ceases to amaze me - the love and camaraderie that we continue to share after so many years. What started out as a journey behind the green doors so many years ago, has become so much more than anyone could ever have imagined.

Take pleasure in who we are and what we have done. But our greatest pleasure will continue to come from how we savor those precious memories from the past, and the high regard we continue to have for past shipmates.

RIP Jack - you touched our community in many meaningful ways. The testimonies and thoughtful words in this string are clear evidence of that.

I, like John and George, never personally met or served with "Master Jack". However, from the testimonials put forth in the many posts and the reputation he so deservedly earned, it is evident that I missed someone who stood tall and proud among his shipmates.

Myself and Linda wish to add our sincere condolences and prayers for the Fessler family and that they will find some measure of comfort in knowing that he will be missed by the entire IUSS family, as well.

Irv and Linda DeMatties

Visits: