Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Another passing

Dawn,
Linda and I send our Love and Condolences to you during your time of sorrow. As we talked some years ago we knew Barry was not doing well.
Barry was a honest, wonderful person, and a great Chief. I never seen him become even a little unglued. Some might think he didn't care but he cared deeply about the things he loved, you Dawn, his Job, the Navy, and his Anchors. He and I had numerous discussions while on the ORI Team. He was respected by every member of the ORI Team.
RIP Shipmate,
Chuck & Linda Cable

Chuck,

Thank you. I remember one time the ORI team was out on an inspection I received a call at work from someone in Arg, don't remember the person's name, but he called to complain that Barry had failed the training section!! I just had to laugh.

Thanks for the memories.

Dawn

Dawn,
Such sad news to hear of Barry's passing. Joan and I want to express our sincere condolences and wish you God's peace as you deal with this. Our time stationed together were some of our best Navy memories. Barry was a heck of a fine guy, and will always live in our memory as one of the best. He has gone ahead to prepare a place for us all. Let us know if there is anything we can help you with.
Rick and Joan

Thank you Rick. The last couple of years is played pinochle twice a week at the senior center, something he always like to do. He said it reminded him of his time in the Navy.

Barry was my instructor at "A" school in Key West. A great instructor who was also generous with the early Friday afternoon recesses. Heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Visits: