IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TSA Not accepting New Retired ID's as Valid for Boarding Domestic Flights (RANT!)

I think it really boils down to circumstances and just with whom you are dealing. I was trying to get into Canada recently for fishing, and they refused my retired ID. The gal at the window said that she wanted a "real" ID, like a DL or passport. An idiot, but "in charge" so in order to catch fish, I complied. As vets, we know that not all poor "orders" are evil or with ill intent; some are the result of ignorance, lack of experience or just poor judgment. As I age, I try not to let things like this ruin my day...

Re: TSA Not accepting New Retired ID's as Valid for Boarding Domestic Flights (RANT!)

It falls into the same boat as companies not accepting a state Drivers license as a valid Vet id. Doesn't matter that the state has vetted you & said so on the DL, the companies want a VA Vet ID/Active Duty ID/Retired ID. I am talking about Home Depot & Loews, and then there is JoAnn's & the people there being clueless.
Gotta love civilians. . . . or do I?
A Happy King Kamehameha Day tomorrow.

Visits: