Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Response to Chuck Cable on Doctors: Good and Bad

Chuck:

Fourteen years ago, I came west to Louisville from Virginia and needed new doctors.

We encountered several who resembled the individual you described. I had remarried
and my wife had strict rules about doctors: "If they won't listen, answer questions and
are willing to consider alternate therapies, they "go." - and several "went." It took us
four or five years to finally reach what might be called "medical equilibrium."

My wife - armed with the results of extensive internet research - always asks lots of
questions.

Recently, an old friend wrote that he had what appeared to be a hypothyroid condition
but the results of a TSH test his doctor ordered was not confirmatory. At my wife's
suggestion, I passed him the following email which indicates a more extensive
battery of tests may be needed to confirm the condition. That email:

(Quote) Based on years of her own experiences and those of her mother's. Camie has found that most "conventional" doctors do not test properly for thyroid problems. She suggests you get the results from whatever lab did your most recent thyroid panel - not your doctor's "translation" of those results. Always look for "optimal" blood test numbers, not "normal" numbers which only tell you how unhealthy the general public is. Search the internet for "optimal" numbers.

Camie further suggests you consult a DO (Doctor of Osteopathy) or any doctor who is willing to look beyond the conventional medical parameters which any really good doctor will do.

A very useful site is: http://hypothyroidmom.com/top-5-reasons-doctors-fail-to-diagnose-hypothyroidism/ (linked below) (End quote from email)

For optimal TSH levels, try https://www.verywell.com/what-is-the-optimal-tsh-level-for-thyroid-patients-3232903

Best,

Bruce

Visits: