Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Study links shift work with increased risk of heart disease

hey john and all....I can say I never had afib til I went into the commercial world...so, the watches, cat naps, drinking (I also never drank coffee, takes up room )...all of that went much better than trying to put up with the morons outside...even with the degrees...

1970, NavFac Coos Head. In the spring, the Sea Bees started renovating the OT's living quarters during the day. I for one, after coming off of Mid watches, would go down to Bastendorff Beach just below the NavFac and get some sleep to the sound of breaking waves.

I'll take on more parting shot at this thread by saying, like a lot of you, I get fired up on occasion when something occurs or someone write a post that brings back the extremely fond memories of being a member of the greatest system in the world.

Then reality sets in. The truth is I can normally NOT get through the day without a cat nap, sometimes two. So, standing the watch at my age? Suffering through a swingback? I think not!!!!

Its nap time.

J

NAVFAC San Salvador--1967-68: we had so few STs that we had to create a 2-2-2-32 watch rotation for 9 months. But oh were those 32 hours off sweet. I remember drinking Mateus and getting drunk and "falling asleep" while sitting in the catchment basin at night. Luckily I didn't drown.

Visits: