IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NAVFAC Brawdy today

We just returned from a month long vacation to England, Wales, and Scotland. Had a wonderful time. While in Haverfordwest we stayed at the Mariner's Hotel. We were very sad to see how much H-west has suffered. High Street and the downtown area was very depressed. Many empty store fronts and buildings in disrepair. The buildings at the NAVFAC were also in a sad state. Talking with the receptionist at the H-west Castle, she told us that the prosperity of the town went downhill after the US Navy and RAF pulled out. The British Army Signal Corp are there now but it's anybody's guess for how long thay'll stay. On the other hand Solva ,St David's, and Dale were thriving. Have a few pictures of the NAVFAC which I will try to post.

Re: NAVFAC Brawdy today

I visited Haverfordwest November 2017 and also stayed at the Mariner's Hotel. I also felt sad that haverfordwest has changed so much. On Market Street, the butcher, fish monger and green grocer are gone. Most the the shops are empty or replaced with some sort of fast-food point. Tourist Bed & Breakfast seem to be the primary income for the area.
Newgale looked just as lovely, as did Broad Haven and Little Haven. The weather was still the same - lot of rain and strong winds :)

Visits: