IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: US Navy sailor gives birth on aircraft carrier after complaining of stomach pains

Gives a whole new meaning to the acronym "COD", doesn't it!

Re: US Navy sailor gives birth on aircraft carrier after complaining of stomach pains

This is a warship. Launching and recovering aircraft is difficult and dangerous under the best of circumstances. The routine handling of deadly ordinance and extremely flammable liquids is serious business. Responding instantly and deliberately to world-wide threats by warships at sea is the mission. I quite honestly do not know what we have evolved to. This is a warship, not a maternity ward.

George is correct, having this happen on a warship effect the ability of the crew. Where are we headed as a fighting force?

Just wait, I'm guessing we'll see sailor go into labor on a submarine before all is said and done.

Rick

Oh, I can't wait for a woman to comment on this string. Just saying.

Wait, the last time a woman commented on the Message Boards was over 3 months ago. And that was an anomaly. Then none at all this entire year.

So what are you gentlemen so upset about? That she gave birth on a warship? That she hadn't been removed from the ship at the 20 week mark? That she was pregnant & didn't know it? That her LPO or Chief didn't counsel her about weight gain? The issue just isn't clear.
The facts are:
1. She most certainly isn't the first woman to give birth on a warship - that happened many scores ago.
2. Every pregnancy has 3 stages. Other than that, each one is an individual event, from beginning to end, presenting uniquely each time.
As a very wise Chief once told me, "a pregnancy is no different than a sailor breaking a leg or arm - each removes that sailor from the ship/job for a certain amount of time". I thought that was a pretty healthy point of view then & still do.

As for there not being an entry from any females since June 2016, hmmm. Wonder why that is . . .

I would like to say that for my short time as an OT, the women were treated better than now. I don't remember the female OT's being raped or assaulted, but then many be they were hushed up. What I am trying to say is that the old guard of males treated the influx of females into the rate pretty well. There was sexual harassment, of that I know, & other crap, but rapes & assaults were rare. I felt that I was treated as a sister/cousin/fellow sailor by y'all & would like to say Thank You. You males helped to make the All Volunteer Force better. When my Mother asked me if any of that happened to me while I was in, you know that that behavior is in the minds of the American public.

Visits: