IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: US Navy sailor gives birth on aircraft carrier after complaining of stomach pains

Oh, I can't wait for a woman to comment on this string. Just saying.

Re: US Navy sailor gives birth on aircraft carrier after complaining of stomach pains

Wait, the last time a woman commented on the Message Boards was over 3 months ago. And that was an anomaly. Then none at all this entire year.

So what are you gentlemen so upset about? That she gave birth on a warship? That she hadn't been removed from the ship at the 20 week mark? That she was pregnant & didn't know it? That her LPO or Chief didn't counsel her about weight gain? The issue just isn't clear.
The facts are:
1. She most certainly isn't the first woman to give birth on a warship - that happened many scores ago.
2. Every pregnancy has 3 stages. Other than that, each one is an individual event, from beginning to end, presenting uniquely each time.
As a very wise Chief once told me, "a pregnancy is no different than a sailor breaking a leg or arm - each removes that sailor from the ship/job for a certain amount of time". I thought that was a pretty healthy point of view then & still do.

As for there not being an entry from any females since June 2016, hmmm. Wonder why that is . . .

I would like to say that for my short time as an OT, the women were treated better than now. I don't remember the female OT's being raped or assaulted, but then many be they were hushed up. What I am trying to say is that the old guard of males treated the influx of females into the rate pretty well. There was sexual harassment, of that I know, & other crap, but rapes & assaults were rare. I felt that I was treated as a sister/cousin/fellow sailor by y'all & would like to say Thank You. You males helped to make the All Volunteer Force better. When my Mother asked me if any of that happened to me while I was in, you know that that behavior is in the minds of the American public.

Visits: