IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Looking for shipmates NAVFAC Argentia and NAVFAC Barbers Point early to mid 70s

Argentia, 1966-1970, Commissioned Barbers Point 1970-1974.

Re: Looking for shipmates NAVFAC Argentia and NAVFAC Barbers Point early to mid 70s

I remember you well, Chuck Cable! I also made contact with Dave Williams this week. Seems like you two and Chief Miley pretty much ran the place!

I was at Barbers with Chuck and Dave from 72-75. Were you a LTJG at that time? OT1 Robin Hood

'71 - '73 at BP with Chuck, Dave, Ken, Robin, etc as am OTSN and OT3. And the one OWO that I readily comes to mind, Rob Szombathy.

Rick

OWOs I remember were Rob Szombathy (impressed you spelled that one correctly!), Joan Darrah, Buck Edwards, and Jim Nuss. CO was Dave Bailey. Who are we leaving out?

I remember Buck Edwards (how that guy could eat) and Jim Nuss. No other OWO names come to mind at the moment.

I do remember an "event" on one slow mid. One of the RMs (possibly named Gubish) put a rubber snake in a rolled up TARF and sent it via Zip tube to the OWO (female) who almost had a heart attack when she dumped it on on her desk. I thought she was going to kill the RM

Rick

If memory serves me correctly, Scott McGinnis was also an OWO.

Robin,

Wasn't Scott the OWO that was crazy about surfing? He'd go surfing at Nimitz (Officer's) Beach on a mid - eve swing and then clean up and crash for a few hours at the NAVFAC BEQ before going in for the Eve Watch.

Rick

Rick,
I attempted to find Scott McGinns on face book some time ago. He convinced me to go surfacing with him after a midwatch, never did that again. He was a great Officer and a good friend. Linda and I visited them one evening in a Honolulu condo they rented. Went to dinner some where. They were a nice couple.
CEC

Was at BP for Commissioning in 1970 till 1st EOAS Dec 1973.

I was there sam, at arg that is...early 70's after transferring down from Kef..was there for around 2 years then left for japan...we used to hold some really big "oolies" eves and mids.....im sure some of the gang knows what that was...then head up the tch for a st johns run up to the section apartment...

Visits: