Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: No more ratings...

Sad to see this happen, but I also remember (as I'm sure most on here will) the loss of the Dixie cup, the changes to the uniforms (remember everyone having a dress uniform "suit" and no place to store them on the ship?) The "improved" working uniform which replaced my seafarer jeans, The top that didn't tuck in, but let in all kinds of drafts every time you moved your arms.....These idiotic changes cost the Nav a fortune an, thankfully, didn't last too long....Hopefully sanity will someday come to the fore and again we can have our hard earned rating badges back again!

As of 1400 EDT today (23 Oct), 85K have signed. Seven days left, and 15k more signatures needed for the US Navy enlisted rating petition to even be "looked at" by the powers that be:

"The White House Reviews and Responds

Once the petition reaches the required threshold, it will be put in a queue to be reviewed by the White House. Others can still sign the petition while it is awaiting a response. When the White House responds, everyone who has signed the petition will get email from the White House to let you know that we’ve reviewed and responded to the petition."

Do you care? If so, have you signed?

Re: No more ratings...on a lighter note?

Makes me wonder...

if Medical & Dental officers will have to cut the acorn nuts off their Corps insignia. In fact, why NOT get rid of all the line/staff officer insignia? Aren't they "confusing" as well? no?

Officers already have designators, yes? Like 1100..or...whatever? similar to the Navy Occupation Specialty that "rag hats" (anyone else recall that term?) will have.

Re: No more ratings...on a lighter note?

I would be willing to bet, that you will be able to find an OBG/YNMC on an aircraft carrier in the future.

I am happy to report - the "Save the Ratings" petition has hit the 101,000+ mark within the 30 day period! This doesn't mean the ratings are restored; it simply means that "someone" higher up in the food chain will examine the petition, etc. It's a start, at least. Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter.

I have to admit, I did NOT think the petition would reach the 100K mark. I'm glad to see it has! Now pardon me while I dine on some well-done crow.

Visits: