IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Navy reverses decision on disestabllishment of ratings.

Somebody finally realized it was a waste of time and money. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Now if they'd only bring back the OT rating and reopen the Navfacs......

CNO says he listened to Sailors' concerns at All Hands calls across the Fleet and decided to side with them; a wise move on Admiral Richardson's part.

Link is the Navy Times article from last night.

https://www.navytimes.com/articles/ratings-restored-effective-immediately-sailors-will-get-their-job-titles-back

Good for the Navy and for the sailors who very strongly objected to this change. To have eliminated long standing tradition in the interest of being PC would have been sad, indeed.

Jim Donovan
Hooyah! Great Christmas present for Navy sailors!

To all of you who signed the national petition....THANK YOU!!! to those of you who knew about the petition, and chose not to sign - thank you, as well - at least you exercised your freedom of choice.

To those of you who never knew there was a petition - shame on you. Knowledge is INDEED power!

Thanks to all of the people who put effort into starting the petition in the first place. Sure I was glad when I made PO2, but OT and permanent shore duty was a blessing just the same. Met a lot of great friends during that time. Merry Christmas everyone.

Thank God for a bit of common sense. I wasn't looking forward to changing my email address to "spec9mosusnret", it just didn't have the same feeling. Anyway, Deb and I want to extend our best wishes for a very Merry Christmas and Happy/Healthy 2017 to all our former shipmates and all those serving throughout the globe. May God protect and comfort us all.

Visits: