Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The 2016 Belk Bowl: Virginia Tech vs Arkansas

I'm not sure what version of the "Gipper" speech the Arkansas coach used at halftime but he shouldn't use that one next time.

Ever since Arkansas fired Petrino, they have struggled to find an identity. Last nigh didn't help a lot!!!

J

Re: The 2016 Belk Bowl: Virginia Tech vs Arkansas: Response to John Ellis

John:

This isn't the first tine this season Arkansas has disintegrated in the second half.

The team ranked 110 out of about 140 in second-half point differential.

It would appear the coach has used the same half-time "pep-talk" all season long;
perhaps a recording or even an email if his players all carry smart-phones..

Oh well, it gave VT a 10-win season for the first time since 2011, and that's all
that really matters.

B

Re: The 2016 Belk Bowl: Virginia Tech vs Arkansas: Response to John Ellis

Sometimes, the effectiveness of the half time message comes down to originality, something obviously lacking in the great state of Arkansas. For example, Front page story in the Northeast Arkansas Town Crier states:

City Council names the road to the Sewer Treatment Plant the (Wait for it)

"Sewer Treatment Plant Road".

You can't make this stuff up.

Before anyone takes offense with me, remember that I'm talking about my home state!!!!!

J

My oldest daughter and her husband both graduated from VT so we follow them closely. That was definitely a game of 2 different halves!
For John Ellis....I remember the days I would walk the 300+ miles from Virginia Beach to Blacksburg to watch a game in person. One time it was snowing so much near the mountains I rented a dogsled and some huskies to get there. I almost wished I had stayed home to watch the game....almost!
:)
Happy New Year to all!

A behavior I would expect from a Hokie (whatever the heck that is) that thinks Orange and Maroon go together.

And Happy New Year to you and Chris also.

J

Visits: