Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: After Six Years, Dropping the Other Shoe

Dear Mr. Rule,
I’m the guy that wrote awhile back asking you about how a person could find the original hydrophone data from Las Palmas in reference to the sinking of the USS Scorpion. You replied that the data charts had been maintained by Mr. McMillin, who passed away several years ago. I think you put out enough information in your “Why the USS Scorpion was Lost” book on the 13th and 14th pages (collapse acoustics and hydrophone A readings) whereby anyone could see what happened to the sub.

Anyway, I had a question concerning the Precursor Event on the third line (2 events), time 1837:41.3Z from Hydrophone A.

I’m not certain whether or not anyone has a hydrophone reading and any hydro-acoustic signatures of a battery exploding inside the pressure hull of a nuclear submarine (sound recorded outside without a so-called “bubble pulse”).

However, my question for you, sir: what did you use as a model that pointed you toward a battery explosion inside the submerged hull of the USS Scorpion?

I will be looking forward to anything you may publish on the USS Thresher. I remember reading about the USS Thresher loss during 1972 in a book called The Death of the Thresher.

Thank you in advance,
Steve Lewis

Visits: