Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Loss of another shipmate

Jerry and all:
So sorry to hear this news. JB and I go way back serving together in Pearl Harbor in the 70's. He and I shared a bond of being from the western United States which he and I sometimes thought of as still untamed. What a sense of humor. Such a good friend in so many ways and I considered him my brother, Rest In Peace, Mi Hermano.

So sorry to hear of JB's passing. He and I became good friends and shipmates in the 70's when stationed at COSP. He was a great professional and a helluva running mate. I have many fond memories of our time together and he will be sadly missed. My deepest thoughts and prayers to his family. RIP shipmate, we have the watch.

Sorry to hear of Jerry's passing. What a great shipmate and friend. He was my mentor at first duty station and watch section at Coos Head. I'm sure he will be missed by all who knew him.

JB and I used to explore San Diego in depth, and our time at COSP was full of many great memories. I will never forget his description of a "hun yukker" and how they were responsible for countless system problems. Will see you again soon JB. Fair Winds buddy.

JB's services will be at Camino De Vida Church, 3907 Isleta Blvd. SW, Albuquerque, NM 87105 on 25 March. Visitation will be from 1030 to 1100 followed immediately by the service, Color Guard and Gun Salute.

JB was another dear old friend of mine from "yesteryear". My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this very difficult time. "Rest In Peace Old Friend". Ed Smock

The link below is JB's obituary in the Albuquerque Journal.

another obituary for JB Bentley is posted at the funeral home in the link below

Visits: