Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: State of The Union

Randy

I agreed we seem to be seeing more since 2006 than before, it seem that we need to understand the threats we face, we have to identify what the problem is. They each mean something completely different. At the end of the day, you have terrorist-like acts, but the actors are different. Their motivation is different, understanding the motivation will assist next generation of those who protect our way of life.

and it continues:

"...that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States..."

The cool thing about this is that we who have taken this oath and serve don't have further decisions to make once the choice has been made by the country.

Some seem to have forgotten that.

I assume that some people think it's political.

Having take the Oath several times and having lived through or suffered through several presidents including Nixon. I still hold to the promises I made. My allegiance to the president and the officers appointed over me has always been understood. It is always a balance between the uniform I wore, my military bearing, and my technical expertise that determined my success or failure. The same goes for the president. Winning a majority will make a person president but success is judged by results. Weather to the benefit or determent of the nation. Recently I visited one of my brothers and found he had become deeply a conservative. He has also taken the same Oath of allegiance. We may not agree on some topics but on this we are agreed. As to the annual State of the Union address - it is purely political. Promises to keep and months or years to go before results can be judged.

Visits: