Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Nomination process - New Director for IUSSCAA

Jim: How time flies. You and your better half certainly have a full plate. Is that you in the GEICO ad? You and the core team of Jack, Rick, Russ and Ellis have brought the Association into the 21st Century; I knew that I was not the person to do that. The Association has been well served by your stewardship👍BZ! We have come a long way from the labor intensive stuffing and licking envelopes, stamping and mailing of newsletters to a few hundred people at a cost of a few hundred dollars for each mailing. The aforementioned mentioned team streamlined, automated and dramatically reduced costs.
There are a number of talented members that could continue the Association. When we started the Assn: in 1993 it was a direct result of attendance at Change of Commands and sadly funeral services where people would catch up on shipmates. So we created a vehicle to keep track of people via The Cable and then added a website (Rick), databases created by Jack. The In Memoriam section to honor deceased members. The Association is the only vehicle that does this and it would be ashame for its demise due to lack of someone not stepping into the learship.

Thank you Jim.

EKD

Make that "leadership "

I for one want to thank both of you and all the web site workers for all that you have done for SOSUS/IUSS over the years.
As I have always said, "It is not the System, it is the People that made us what we are today. Always, Ed Smock

I,would just like to echo Ed's remarks in thanking Jim, his predecessor Ed, and all those who have made this my "daily go-to website" to connect with those who have made our "System" what it is, and has been, for well over 60 years. I do hope someone will(must be one of the previous generation from myself, Ed, George and Ellis)step up to the plate and take on the challenge of becoming Director of this IUSS website. My thanks to all who helped shape my life, that of my family and those of many others.
Irv (Dee) DeMatties

Visits: