IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Director Turnover Process and Duties and Responsibilities

A follow up to my 29 June posting regarding the nomination process for my relief as Director, IUSS CAESAR Alumni Association.

I hope to have a relief identified NLT 15 September 2017 in order to work through publication of the annual Cable Newsletter (Oct - Nov) as a turnover period. We would effect a turnover date of 31 December 2017. In the meantime, here's a list of most of my duties and responsibilities as Director:

- Make IUSSCAA decisions in consultation with the Board of Directors. The board currently consists of an assistant Director (Nick McConnell); Webmaster (Russ Lownie); and Data Base Manager and Membership (Mike Kilpatrick).
TIME: < 1 hour/week

- Communicate in person or through official channels with senior Navy officials such as CUS Commodore, SUBLANT/PAC staffs etc. and outside agencies such as Naval Historical Foundation, Navy Times, etc.
TIME: Office calls 2 to 4 times a year

- Manage Association finances (Bank Account) as IUSSCAA Treasurer. Money typically used for Website maintenance; Microsoft subscriptions; occasional trinkets and mementos; memorials; and some reunion costs.
TIME: Maybe once or twice a month

- Coordinate and direct process for drafting and publishing annual Cable Newsletter. Probably the largest task – starts in late September and is wrapped up before Thanksgiving. Note: We have three additional assistants (Jack Holdzkom, Ellis Sutter and Dick Rentner) who help with editing and building the actual newsletters.
TIME: 1 – 2 hours a week from mid-October to mid-November

- Co-monitor with our Webmaster IUSSCAA Website Message Boards daily and be final arbiter regarding appropriate postings and comments. We mostly look for potentially classified information; political commentary; derogatory comments regarding members or others; and anything not with in keeping with our Association guidelines.
TIME: Maybe 15 minutes each morning. Occasionally longer in resolution.

- Coordinate IUSS anniversary reunions every 5 years.
TIME: A 1-year process with monthly meetings lasting 1-3 hours. Next reunion, the 65th will be held the weekend of 21 – 22 September 2019.

NOTE: The IUSS reunions are not necessarily a part of the Director’s position. I just took it with me when I became Director as I was already coordinating the reunions. A separate individual could take that on.

Let me know if you're interested in the position of Director.

Jim Donovan
CAPT USN (Ret)
Director, IUSSCAA

Visits: