Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puerto Rico Relief Effort

Greetings all,

Recently, on 4 September the Integrated Undersea Surveillance System CAESAR Alumni Association (IUSSCAA) Board of Directors unanimously approved of and made a donation to the American Red Cross in the amount of $500.00 earmarked for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts in Texas. Those funds were expended to Texas and to Florida according to Red Cross representatives. Currently donations to Puerto Rico are less than 10% of what was donated to Texas and Florida. The citizens of Puerto Rico are also American citizens. Many serve in our military.

Many members of our association have contacted me about continued relief efforts in Puerto Rico. As many of you know, Puerto Rico is the site of the first NAVFAC and we will be celebrating our 65th anniversary of the commissioning of that facility in September 2019.

As requested, I will take up a collection of donations to forward to Puerto Rico hurricane relief efforts via the IUSS CAESAR Alumni Association website.

If you wish to help, you can donate via PayPal to the IUSS CAESAR Alumni Association via email address Jim_Donovan53@yahoo.com

Contact me privately if you wish to donate by cash or check.

Donations will be collected throughout the month of October.

Best regards,

Jim Donovan
CAPT USN (Ret)
Director, IUSSCAA

Re: Puerto Rico Relief Effort

So, after one week we have only received one donation in the amount of $50. Come on guys, still have two weeks to assist.

Visits: