Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My farewell

Jim,
You have done so much over the years of perpetuating the spirit of SOSUS/IUSS with your work on the Alumni web site, Cable publications and IUSS Anniversary Celebrations that a simple “Thank You” does not seem adequate. Know that your efforts have been appreciated by all of your shipmates within IUSS. “THANK YOU”… Ed Smock

Thank you, Ed. That means a lot coming from you. I look forward to seeing the "last man standing" at the 65th reunion!

- Jim

Jim (and Ed):
I would like to add my own personal "thanks, and well done" to the many accolades that I am certain you will receive. Through your many years of dedicated service to our IUSS community, you have exemplified those qualities which serve to enrich us all, in very meaningful ways.

Those of us who dedicated the most productive years of our lives in supporting an incredibly important mission will always be bound by the knowledge that "we did it". The IUSSCAA has been instrumental in stirring and reviving those "pockets of carbon dust" that remains in our veins. For the past ten years, your leadership has been instrumental in keeping our community united, through the website, annual newsletters, reunions, etc. Jim, you followed the inspired leadership of Ed Dalrymple in great fashion. You both stepped up, combining to provide a quarter century of additional service to and for the many men and women who proudly wear that trident.

So, please accept my personal thank you. You two leave a huge pair of shoes to fill.
Sincerely,
George

Thank you, George. You were the Best Mentor I had in 34 years of Naval service - so, I guess I learned from the best. Your words mean a lot to me, even today. - Jim

Visits: