IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Time to Say Goodbye - and Thanks

After 59 years of having been involved with acoustics, it is time to say goodbye, and thank site management for having made the subjects I posted far more widely available than would otherwise have been the case.

The 10 years that have passed since my association with ONI ended have been unexpectedly productive, primarily because of the volume of extremely useful information posted on the Internet, the ARA SAN JUAN being the most recent example.

Best to all in 2018 and beyond,

Bruce

Re: Time to Say Goodbye - and Thanks

Bruce,
We first met years ago on Ford Island, you coming back from special ops at Adak, and I working for Will James as a MEC Coordinator. Since that time I, like many others, have read your analyses of virtually every aspect of acoustics and done all I could to incorporate your methods and procedures into my own processes. I really hate to see you leave this association after so many years. It is like saying Farwell to a lifelong source of truth. I know that your San Juan analysis met with much discussion, but you and I know that it was spot on and accurately reflects the data collected. I urge you to reconsider your choice to break ties with your shipmates here but if that remains your wish I want to wish you the very best of health, luck, and success for the future. You did it well my friend... and we Will remember.

Cheers,

Rick

Those Who Wants the SAN JUAN Analysis, Send Me an Off-Site Email Request

Rick: Thank you for the kind words. Those Adak trips were unique in many ways, as I am sure you remember.

All: Send an email request to karasjok@aol.com and I shall provide the SAN JUAN analysis.

Bruce
You have been the most superior acoustic analyst since I met you in Key West in the early 1960's, when I started school on the IUSS system in Building 3 ("Green Door"). As the years passed, while I was stationed on Turks Island, I transferred over to submarines. I remember when we worked together, starting in 1965, at the Washington Observatory (Building 52), then we all moved to the older Suitland complex, till I retired in 1980, but still remained a contractor until 1988. I will really miss your analysis that has been on this IUSS site for years,

With respect and honor,

George Smith

a pity that your work ends bruce you are a profecional with all the letters, not all know how to understand the sacrifice and the passion that one puts to your work, I hope that you do well in your new path hopefully you will review that decision greetings from Argentina

Visits: