Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Passing of Gene Howard

Sad to see this. Was stationed with Gene at Kef. Yes, he was quite the entertainer, could tell jokes non-stop for hours, kept us laughing.

Condolences and prayers to Gene`s family. He was definitely a live wire personality and fun to be around. He played on our flag football team in Kef and even had us laughing on the field. RIP, shipmate.

I was stationed with Gene Howard at the Fleet Sonar School in Key West from 1970. Gene was always a personality to remember fondly.

The man of endless jokes. Gene, Irv Dematties and I went to maintenance school together in Key west in the fall of 71. Supply the beer and Gene would break out his guitar and entertain with song and jokes for hours. A really good guy.

RIP old friend.

Spent a long evening of debauchery in the Kef First and CPO Club with Gene. He told 200 jokes and never bought a round....and nobody cared. Another of the characters that made the system run like a swiss watch for all those years. Just gotta be the best money the gov't ever spent.

RIP Gene I'll never forget how you could always keep your shipmates up and on the straight, Thanks for all the good memories.

Will never forget the jokes and tricks played by Jimmy and Gene. Being a victim of the old shaving cream in the eisenhower jacket sleeves backfire at the school house. Plan was for me to fill up Jimmys jacket. Unknown to me, Gene had warned Jimmy. They switched jackets on our desk chairs and I ended up filling up my own jacket. Classic.

I was stationed with Gene Howard at Fleet Sonar School Key West form 1970. Gene had a personality to fondly remember. He really had a sense of humor

Visits: