Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Observations

Yeah, I got my Medicare card last year also and the first bill was quite the shock. Once my wife Namiko goes on Medicare this month our annual "contribution" for Medicare coverage will be $3,216 vice the current $578 per year for Tricare. Quite the change from "free health care for life" for military retirees.

Nick's comments, as well as the others, rang so true...

- I will be 67 next month and am still trying to figure out where my 50`s went
- I too have become more emotional. One of my grandsons, Randall III, recently wrote a chapter about me in a "book" for school. He's only 11 but wrote that he wants to go to the Naval Academy and grow up to be just like his PaPa. Tears flowed. (If he goes to the NA I will no longer ask any officer if they are a real officer or if they went to college) 😁
- We had a tall wrap around porch when we still lived in the Blue Ridge of Virginia, where I taught all 5 grandsons to whiz between the railings. They could reach 15 feet out, I was just thankful for gravity
- At the gym people sometimes say I am in great shape, for my age.
- I no longer have to ask for a senior discount at Chick Filet.
- I came to realize a long time ago that at a Navfac good watch coordinators were the most valuable command personnel. I am even more resolute in that opinion today.

So much more but I'm starting to doze off. Everybody have a blessed 2018

Randy

Will be turning 70 this year, but still am able to walk 18 holes of golf three or four times a week with out much difficulty. After sitting inside for the past three weeks in central Kentucky, waiting for the temperature to rise above the freezing mark, the days of playing golf on a sand bunker golf course on Midway Island would be welcomed. A double swing back watch would be more interesting than this.

Visits: