IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ARGENTIA 73-76, thanks to CAPT LF LEE and LCDR MA FREDERICK

In 1973, I arrived at Argentia as an EA1, assigned to Public Works. As one of the few Seabees with a security clearance, whenever there were engineering/facilities/maintenance problems in the T Building, I was sent to evaluate, and then to accompany whatever Seabee had to make the repairs, with all the equipment covered! Later I became Command Career Counselor and cross-rated to NC1, then took the Chief's test. I learned years later during a clearance reinvestigation that then-NIS had investigated me due to my high score on the test! One of the highpoints of my tour was participating in the USA Bicentennial celebration in St John's as POIC of the Color Guard. Thanks to CAPT L.F. Lee and LCDR M.A. Frederick, I left Arg as an ENS in the Navy JAG Corps Student Program to attend law school. I am forever indebted to those two officers and so many other fine men and women of the NAVFAC and surrounding communities. After law school, I served at GTMO, then while LCDR, JAGC, USNR transferred to Virgin Islands National Guard then Army Reserve, As an old JAG Colonel, I served in Iraq 05-06, earning a Bronze Star. My success was due to the support and confidence of my Argentia CO and XO and I wish I could thank them. I last spoke to CAPT Lee in 1979 when I saw an article in the NY Times re SOSUS, and lost track of LCDR Frederick after she served as CO at Lewes.

Re: ARGENTIA 73-76, thanks to CAPT LF LEE and LCDR MA FREDERICK

Nice post, William. We all have people to thank for affecting our lives in some way and it's good to see you had great success after your Arg days.
Congratulations on an impressive career!

Visits: