IUSSCAA Posting Guidelines

IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It Might Be Best If Nothing About Horrifying Death Aboard a Chinese Submarine Were Posted.

In discussing what happens to the crews aboard submarines that collapse at great depth, I have
intentionally limited discussions to the temporal dynamics of such events, i,e., they occur faster
than the minimum period required for cognitive recognition of the event.

THRESHER was completely destroyed in 47 milliseconds; SCORPION in 37 milliseconds; the
SAN JUAN in 35 milliseconds, refined from a preliminary estimate of 40 milliseconds.

The idea was not to create additional emotional stress on friends and relatives of the crews
but to assuage it, i.e., the crews never knew the events were occurring.

The fastest reaction time by Usian Bolt to the starting gun during his entire career as the greatest
sprinter in the history of track and field was 133 milliseconds.

It is suggested that posting the Chinese submarine article on this site is neither appropriate nor
useful (accurate) if - in fact - the word "horrifying" is used.

Note: the primary component of diesel engine exhaust is CO2 which - unlike CO - does NOT "grab"
an oxygen molécule from the blood steam and induce panic breathing. It has been considered as
the lethal agent in court-ordered executions because it is relatively painless; hence, it is very
unlikely the event was "horrifying" to the Chinese crew who were may have been rendered unconscious
without awareness of the cause.

Visits: