Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Interstitial lung disease

Alan, before the vacuum system a reader would be covered in that residue.
Hands,arms,face, shirt, you name it. Hard to imagine what it did to people internally.

Alan, it's been awhile, but I believe the MIUW community used a single AN/AQA-5 in their vans.

Denny,
Yes COPD is a part of our problem, and I have had bronchitis on numerous occasions in my youth as well as an adult, but never had anything show up on the numerous X-rays over the years. I am still investigating other reasons, possibility of Drug recently infused for blood issues that can cause this type of disease. Yes many of us did smoke and COPD is a result of that, but the suddenness of this ILD diagnoses is what is bothering us. My Dr. said they could put me under and go in and take scrapings to maybe be able to tell what caused it. I asked then what he had no answer, the cause could be a thousand things. So we have a decision to make, you are right "but the crying". We smoked, sucked carbon dust, drank, lived in beautiful places and reported submarines for a living. It could not have been a better life for a young kid from Hudson valley, NY. Let me know what your Test comes back as. My bottom line was 60%.
Good Luck
lChuck

Chuck,

I got sidetracked by my wife's troubles the day I had an appointment for my breathing test. Of course I cancelled the breathing test in favor of dealing with Kara's problems. She passed away so I am dealing with my loss and adjusting to the single life at 69 years old. Rescheduling of the breathing test has to wait; you know what I mean, Vern!!

Denny

Certainly understand, Denny, Linda and I offer our condolences for you and your family. Although I have never been stationed with you we have heard wonderful comments about you and Kara. As you know
due to the small size of the OT community a reputation seems all important. You certainly had a glowing one. Again Denny so very sorry. Chuck & Linda Cable

Visits: