IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Photos of NAVFAC Barbers Point

I just sent in 5 pictures from my recent trip to HI for a meeting. All the pictures are from 17 MAY 18.

The old lady is looking a bit tattered in her old age but this might bring back some memories for those of you that were stationed there.

FYI, there are now chickens, geese and goats roaming the grounds :worried:

Rick

Re: Photos of NAVFAC Barbers Point

Rick Greatting
I just sent in 5 pictures from my recent trip to HI for a meeting. All the pictures are from 17 MAY 18.

The old lady is looking a bit tattered in her old age but this might bring back some memories for those of you that were stationed there.

FYI, there are now chickens, geese and goats roaming the grounds :worried:

Rick
Russ - thanks for putting the pictures up.

The pictures are as follows:

First: Front of the Admin Bldg
Second: Back of the Admin Bldg
Third: Back of the Admin Bldg
Fourth: Various
- to the left of the picture (with the 2 sawhorses near the door) is the entrance to the
Generator Bldg
- to the far right is just the back corner of the Admin Bldg
- behind the Admin Bldg in the picture (with the goat near it is a new bldg). It looks
like a temporary house or office of sorts
- in the background with the vents on top is the side of the TE Bldg
Fifth: Front of the T/E Bldg

Rick

Thanks for sharing those current photos, Rick. I stop by the old NAVFAC every time we visit Hawaii. Your pics bring back many fond memories, not the least of is my commissioning ceremony under the giant old Banyan tree that stood in front of the Admin building on lush green lawns. Ah, the memories! - Jim

Jim,

It was a good first tour for me. Not the busiest place by any stretch of imagination but I had some good role models; Chuck Cable, Dave William and Ken Miley to name a few. In a 2-year tour I managed to qualify as Reader, Plotter, Supervisor and OWO (although I wasn't able to stand OWO watches as an OT3). Lots of time for training when not much going on operationally :slightly_smiling_face:

Rick

And I almost forgot. I had the distinct privilege of having Rob Hicks in my watch section for a while :relaxed:

Rick

Visits: