Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Perspective

Being 65 and Retired was a big event for me. 6 month prior to my birth date I signed up for Medicare Parts A and B. Tricare required Part A and B to convert to Tricare For Life. My military ID was set to expire, so I needed to renew it. Get this, Medicare starts the beginning of the month of your birth. You ID expires at the end of the month prior, and you first Medicare payment is due the month prior as well. Since my wife is younger than me we have to keep both Tricare and Tricare for Life at the same time. Spent the last day of January this year getting a new ID, updating DEERS, and double checking with Tricare and Medicare. It's all true, provided you get Tricare and Medicare to approve the medical provider you pay nothing. Not even your doctors Copay. Actually if Medicare pays 80% Tricare for Life pays the rest. If Medicare wont pay, Tricare for life pays some and you get the bill. By the way the VA does not except Medicare but will bill Tricare for Life.

I agree with Randy. Next Tues I will start my 8th year on Medicare and Tricare for life. In the last 7 years I suspect I've had less than $100 in in out of pocket expenses. As a side not for those of you out there who are not members of FRA but participate in the Tricare Dental program you may not know that that program will terminate 1/1/19 and there are options available to you. For more info you can go to www.TRICARE.benefeds.com. BTW I'm not a salesman for the FRA but I am a member and I learned of this through my monthly FRA magazine.

Hey Richard, not to sound like a dummy but what is the FRA? Im in the Tricare Dental program but apparently wont be for long!

Jack it is the Fleet Reserve Association. You can Google it. However you should be able to get what you need at the web address in my post. If you have problems just ask.

Be sure and look at your Military ID Card, it expires on your 65th birthday, be sure you get a new one before that date for yourself and your dependents and that they enroll you in DEERS, that is a must to continue your Tricare benefits.

Welcome to the club!

Visits: