IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Passing of Lenny Faison

Note from Lenny’s niece today, 18 June 2018.

- Jim

“It is with a sad, heavy heart that I share the passing of my beloved uncle, Lenny Faison at approximately 3:00a this morning. My mother, Linda D. Faison, rushed to the hospital to be by his side. She would never leave her brother alone.

He had been in the hospital for the last month battling complications of diabetes and renal failure, however, we were told that he was stable and being discharged tomorrow. So obviously we're still a little shocked, we didn't expect this outcome, but we find ourselves here.

My uncle was persistent, direct, funny, generous and well, often cantankerous. He loved me unconditionally, that I know and for that feeling, I'm forever grateful.

I know he has friends near and far, he traveled the world with the Navy. To his Navy buddies, he loved you all and we are eternally grateful for your phone calls and visits over the last few years. It kept him going.

We are in the midsts of making his final arrangements so that those who wish can formally pay their respects. I will post the information to his Facebook page. “

We apologize if you're finding out via the internet, but please feel free to inbox myself or my mom. We will call as soon as we can.

If you know my uncle, he's smiling down on us with a Heineken in that right hand. 💜 God Bless.

Re: Passing of Lenny Faison

Well that was some news that I'm very sorry to hear. The good Lord broke the mold with Lenny. He fought the good fight and I'm certain that he is finally in a better place.

Re: Passing of Lenny Faison

Although our paths only crossed once - a tour in Japan in the early 90s - I seem to have enough memories and stories about Lenny to make it seem like we spent our entire Navy careers together. Lenny had a big personality and a big heart; he was a good man.

Rest in peace, friend!

UPDATE: Passing of Lenny Faison

Update about memorial service for Lenward "Lenny" Faison from his family

“Several folks are wondering about services honoring my uncle. But rest assured that you have not missed anything! We had a few questions for the local hospital regarding his passing and wanted to ensure we were thorough before proceeding.

His FORMAL memorial and committal service with military honors will be held in his hometown of Kenansville, NC on Saturday, July 14th.

My mother Linda and I will follow-up with the exact time and location. We are thankful that he was loved by so many.

Thank you! -Crystal”

FYI: I’ve known and been in touch with Lenny since our first duty station at NAVFAC Bermuda as 3rd Class Petty Officers in 1974/5. I’m planning to attend Lenny’s service. If you’d like me to pass anything along to his family please send along via private message. I’ll print out and deliver to his sister, Linda.

- Jim Donovan

Visits: