IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Key West Memories

Even though I was only there for 7 weeks, I have many, fond memories. One came to mind tonight while watching Diners, Drive-Inns and Dives. This chef is carving up a large Amberjack fish. Wild story follows...

Jerry Miller and another classmate named Paul (I think) and Paul's wife were hanging out on the Enlisted beach. We'd been snorkeling for a while and I got bored with that and came back to the beach. Paul's wife and I we're soaking up the rays when Jerry started yelling something with his mask still on. WE sat up and here is Jerry with a giant fish he shot with his spear gun. It's so large he can barely control it on the spear.

I wade out to help him drag this big ******* in. We just get it to shore when Paul starts yelling because he just shot another monster. Jerry reloaded and went back out and plugged 2 or 3 more and Paul got another 2...I think. Think we ended up with 6 of those hummers.

We cleaned those sweet fish and had a big fish cookout at Paul's trailer that night. His freezer was absolutely jammed with fish. He may have been pretty tired of fish by the time we graduated, but he never paid for fish again in Key West.

Absolutely the best fish I've ever eaten. The Kef USO fish is second.

Nick

Visits: