IUSSCAA Wallpapers
Ocean Night 1280x1024 1024X768 800X600
Mid-Watch   1280x1024 1024X768 800X600

IUSSCAA Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FLASH 2018-001: IUSS (SOSUS/SURTASS) 65th Anniversay celebration and reunion

Just FYI. Many have asked about the status of the IUSS (SOSUS/SURTASS) 65th Reunion which will be held next year.

For planning purposes (just pencil it in for now), I’m planning on Saturday the 21st of September 2019 at the Waterside Marriott Hotel or at the new Hilton “Main” Hotel in Norfolk, VA.
We’ve generally had 250 to 400 at past reunions. I’ve already been to both hotels to discuss but I can’t book either venue until later this year when 2019 menu prices are established.

Events would be held on Friday (golf tournament and a no host evening reception at the hotel), Saturday (possible Battleship WISCONSIN tours, possible picnic at Dam Neck and of course the big dinner banquet at the hotel) and finally an Open House at NOPF Dam Neck on Sunday.

I hope to pull it off but that all depends on who I can get to help coordinate in the local Hampton Roads area. I have the usual 3 or 4 but we ain’t gettin any younger! 👴🏻👴🏻👴🏻:wink:

Re: FLASH 2018-001: IUSS (SOSUS/SURTASS) 65th Anniversay celebration and reunion

I plan to attend the party in September 2019, so add me as attending. Whenever we have a defined hotel, I would like the code so I can book a room.

I look forward to seeing Jack and Ed (we were all at Brawdy, Wales from 1976-1980), and any of the remaining older members, as well as meeting some of the newer members.

Re: FLASH 2018-001: IUSS (SOSUS/SURTASS) 65th Anniversay celebration and reunion

Charles, Thank you for your interest in attending the IUSS 65th next September. No definitive plans have been made other than the date - 21 September 2018 and location - Norfolk/Virginia Beach area. We are not keeping any lists of attendees just yet. When that time comes we will be advertising and updating here and on Facebook.

- Jim

Visits: